(from Tarleton web page) Graphic Designers are responsible for creating marketing materials for the Department of Student Publications and the Division of Student Affairs. The person in this position will work cross-departmentally to aid with marketing campaigns that may include design of banners, brochures, flyers, posters, logos, advertisements, social media graphics, and various other publications or graphics. Job Duties include (but not limited to):
- Developing marketing campaign ideas to promote Student Affairs programs and services;
- Creating design projects that specifically meet the needs of the clients (Student Affairs departments and organizations);
- Working with the Student Publications Graduate Assistants to promote events/activities for the department and the division;
- Designing advertisements for JTAC News that meet the specifications of the advertiser;
- Working with the Video Production Manager to develop graphics or images for use in videos;
- Taking photos or coordinating photo shoots for use in Student Affairs publications;
- Writing and editing copy for publications;
- Maintaining and organizing all current projects in the department’s project management system;
- Meeting deadlines as prescribed by the Director of Student Publications;
- Working with the university’s Marketing and Communication Office to ensure that all university graphic and branding standards are met and adhered to;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Publications or the Student Affairs Marketing Coordinator.
The desired candidate should possess strong project management skills, be self-motivated, require little to no supervision, be able to work in a collaborative environment and be able to maintain client relationships. The candidate should also be advanced in design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.).
- 1-2 years of experience in a related position
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Exhibit good office etiquette
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good customer service skills, both internal and external
- Observe the confidentiality of data
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online! You will be provided with further details/instructions once you have submitted your online application.